Musings Of Curly Tops

Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.

Pages

what a great dancer!

Friday, November 26, 2010

My sister, Aryza (but I fondly call her Pyong), is the youngest in the family and she has always been a great dancer.  I think she's been dancing as young as the age of three.  I remember during family occasions like reunions or birthdays, she can be easily goaded to dance in front of everyone, even if she's dancing alone.  Nobody taught her how to dance, I guess the TV did all the teaching for her, and she's one of the lucky ones blessed with this talent.  I didn't realize that she was able to nurture this talent until she started posting videos of her dances.  My jaw literally dropped when I first saw her video... she dances like a pro!! And what amazes me is she never had an official dance lesson in her life!! I asked her once where she learned the steps, she said that she just watches youtube and study the dances! WOW!! 

I'm jealous... I wish I have a talent like this... it would be nice to be able shake my booteeey without looking like a duck! LOL!!! 

Anyways, now she's part of her school's dance club, which will even enable her to learn more about dancing.  But I kept telling her not to do too much physical stress given her heart condition... She had a congenital heart disease (a hole in the heart) and this was operated on when she was 3.  It's ok now except when she gets intermittent quickened heartbeats.  She was in the hospital 3 weeks back because of this where they had to perform cardioversion (according to google, it's a brief procedure where an electrical shock is delivered to the heart to convert an abnormal heart rhythm back to a normal rhythm).  According to the doctor she can go back to her normal activities, but I still kept telling her to be careful and not over exert and not to downplay anything she might be feeling.

Ok, so here's a dance she did for me... I was asking her to dance the Church song from Step Up 2 but she was having a hard time to find videos she can copy the steps from.  So here's what she did instead.... Dang!! I really do wish I'm as graceful and as skinny as she is!



   


2 comments:

kalamay_addict said...

grabe ang da moves ni pyong! hahahahaha! naki-pyong talaga ko di ba? :) sana pla sya na lng pinag-choreo natin... hehehehehe! galing galing ni bunso! wow! :)

Curly Tops said...

oo, grabe, ang galing! kainggit! hehehe!! naisip ko talga nung una na sha na lang gawin natin choreo, na mag video sha ng sarili nya for the dance steps tapos sundin na lang natin... kaso mahirap din kc yun kaya di ko na tinuloy.

Post a Comment