Musings Of Curly Tops

Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.

Pages

me and my babies

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Something to know about me, I LOVE dogs!! Well, I actually consider myself an animal lover, but when it comes to having a pet, I prefer dogs over the cats.  Some cat lovers may say that having a cat for a pet is better because they are more independent and self sufficient than the dogs.  This is kinda true... you don't have to give cats a bath, they pretty much do it themselves =P   I still prefer dogs, nonetheless, because I personally think dogs are sweeter and if they are brought up properly (formal training is a plus), they can be useful too.  

Anyhoo, I want you to meet my babies... first off, my soon to be 3-yr old Chow Chow.  Her name is KINGKING.  She may look fierce as a lion or a bear, but she is a sweetheart! She's very kind to people, especially females and kids.  Unfortunately she seems to be a man-hater.   Hahaha!! :D  She barks quite forcefully on strangers, mostly men, passing by our house.  Oh, I didn't teach her that!  It came naturally for her! LOL!!  

Don't be fooled however by Kingking's "sweetness".  She may be a sweetheart to people, but she's such a bitch (pun intended, hahaha!!) to other species of animals, most particularly CATS, chickens, ducks and frogs.  The list can go on, but those 4 kinds of animals have been the victims.  I think she thinks that their species is the highest, next to humans.  Either that or it's just that "hunter" instinct in her, innate to her breed.



zzzzzzz.... kingking slept on this pillow, but later on moved out from it :)

Akisha (my officemate's daughter) and Kingking having some girl talk ;)

Kingking giving Akisha a ride ;)

my huggable bear!!

she wants to go down but I won't let her =D

peace out ;)

Now meet the scruffy looking MILO, a stray we (my roomie and I) found on the night of October 25th along Emilio Aguinaldo High Way. I don't exactly know what his breed is, but based on the pictures I've seen on the web, he seems to be a mix breed of shih tzu and lhasa apso (more commonly known as shih apso). I also don't know how old this little fella is, but I'm assuming he's already an adult (probably 2-3 yrs old) given the size of his "thingee". LOL!  We named him MILO, short for EMILIO -- as in Emilio Aguinaldo, where he was found.  We almost hit him that night, good thing he ran fast to avoid us and Julia wasn't driving too fast and was able to step on the breaks. We pulled over and checked if we can rescue this dog. Surprisingly, he approached me when I called (you know, that sound you make when you call for dogs) for him. Milo, by the way, has a leash, a collar and was wearing a shirt when we found him. We didn't have a choice but to bring him home, I just didn't have the heart to leave him along the highway with the fear that he might be hit by another car and end up badly hurt or, worse, dead.  I was a little worried on how Kingking might react when she sees Milo.  I was banking on her bringing the "sweetheart" out and keep the "bitch" side controlled.  Besides, she's not entirely new at having a dog company with her since she fares fairly well when I bring her home in Antipolo (my parents' house) together with REX, our japanese-spitz-askal-mix dog.  I was also worried about Milo being house-broken (I don't want him shitting where ever he liked!) and about the fact that he's almost covered with ticks and fleas.  Eeek!! *thought to self that night, need to buy Frontline asap!*

When we got home Kingking was very excited to see another creature with us. Though I wasn't entirely sure if that is excitement on having a playmate or having a "meal".  Haha!! On the first night they were ok with one another... and I was very proud of King, she's really a sweetheart, a very surprising temperament for a Chow.  

Julia and I decided to keep Milo for a while, we'll later on decide to whom we can give him to.  After he was given a bath and medicine for the ticks and flies, Milo was allowed inside the house.  Next step is to bring him to the vet and do a checkup and probably give him some shots.  

I don't exactly know if it was the previous owner's up bringing of the dog or the dog's innate quality but I noticed that Milo keeps on following me where ever I go! If he's outside the house and we're inside, after a while he will start barking that really irritating bark until you let him in.  And when inside, he just wants to be near me... he's too clingy!  We cannot let him stay outside because he'll bark again, and we don't want our neighbors to get irritated because of him!  Clingy dogs can be cute to a point, but after that, it can be a little irritating.  But I have to say, I'm beginning to fall inlove with this fella... he can be sweet in his own way.  

hello there! I'm Milo!! :)

mommy tied my hair to keep it from my eyes... now I look like a girl!!! ugh!

I just don't like it when Milo and King "fight".  Ok, so far the "fighting" is just growling at each particularly during meal time.  Milo will pick a fight with King (i don't think he notices that King is actually bigger than he is), and when King gets pissed at him and growls, he will yelp as if he's hurt.  Quite an actor!! (me rolling my eyes).  Julia thinks King is starting to get jealous of Milo, especially with him always inside the house.  I hope she isn't, but to appease her, I give her extra petting time (scratching of ears and belly... which she really loves) when I'm home.   I just hope that they don't really fight or bite one another when we're in the office... I don't want either of them hurt, especially when no one's there to keep them from the blood bath.

Here are more pictures of them together... ain't they cute!! :)

I tied Milo to avoid him from getting out of our gate... he can squish himself into the gate's bars...

I wonder if all dogs "sit" this way... they seem to have the same sitting position :P

they are both looking at Julia.... see how Milo balances himself on his hind feet :)

*sigh*  I would miss these two terribly when I leave them here next year.  If only I can bring them to where I'm going.... but that's just not possible *sobs*

1 comments:

kalamay_addict said...

cute ni kingking at milo! ;)

Post a Comment