Musings Of Curly Tops

Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.

Pages

a toothy problem

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Today I was reminded again why I don't jump for joy every time I had to visit a dentist. I had my wisdom tooth pulled out via "normal" extraction. Dang! I forgot how this was done, the last time I had a tooth extracted was when I still have milk teeth... there were a lot of pushing and pulling!! And since it's the wisdom tooth (the farthest tooth!), it took a while for the dentist to pull it off...it felt like my brains will come out together with it! Argh!! *sigh* Thank heavens for the anesthesia I didn't feel any pain... only the pressure pain for too much pushing! Oh, it doesn't stop there, I had another tooth pulled out, but since it's already partially chipped off, the normal extraction doesn't apply anymore.  A surgery was done (my first ever)... I won't tell the details anymore, it's kinda gory! Ugh! Now I have stitches and will have to wait for a few days to go back and have the stitches removed.  After the 2 extractions, I had 2 other fillings and a cleanup.  My jaw suffered most of it, since I have to keep my mouth open for these procedures.  I welcomed the no talking for a while part afterwards. And of course, the choco-fudge sundae!! :) 

Right now I'm on a soft and cold diet because of the surgery.  I have to prevent the wound from bleeding and opening up, otherwise, the doc will have to stitch me up again.  I'm also taking in some antibiotics to prevent any possible infection.  Good thing I ate a lot before heading to the dentist!! Now, I miss rice and ulam a lot!!  I want real food!!  I can't wait for Monday, when hopefully things will get back to normal.

Hmmm... I wonder, since one of my wisdom teeth is gone, does it make me less wise?  Hehe!! :P

1 comments:

kalamay_addict said...

hehehehe! actually! it's only last week that i got to wonder if I ever got any wisdom tooth... low peaks was kind enough to explain to me... hehehe... i got this notion that the wisdom tooth will pop out if you are already wise to deserve it... hehehehe... ;)

Post a Comment