Musings Of Curly Tops

Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.

Pages

Koreanovela addiction

Thursday, January 27, 2011

I just finished watching the Korean romantic comedy series Playful Kiss a couple of days ago starred by  Kim Hyun Joong, also known as Ji Hoo in Boys Over Flowers.  The story is so so, but it's kinda cute, except during the times when the lead female actress becomes too stalker-ish and too dependent on the guy! I was still entertained watching it, so it's ok, though I still like BOF better than Playful Kiss.

I was wondering what Korean romantic comedy series to watch next and I have no idea.  Then I remembered a friend and previous co-worker, Sandra, from Taiwan being addicted to a Korean actor.  I asked her what series her "husband" (hey, that's how she calls him! =P) starred in and she said Mary Stayed Out All Night.  I checked out youtube if there are vids uploaded with English subtitles and voila, there are!! I already buffered up a couple of episodes and will watch it later =). Let's see if this will be a good one.  Sandra also mentioned a couple more interesting series My Girlfriend is a Nine-Tailed Fox and Secret Garden.  I have to check it out if there are sites with english subtitled vids.  At least I now have a line up of series to watch out for.  The only problem is it gets tiring to read the subtitles and sometimes it's hard to truly enjoy the scenes since you have to read what they are saying.  Oh well, I guess it'll have to do for now or I'd have to study their language, which I don't have the time and money for.

Sandra, bless her soul, also mentioned that my "husband" (hey, that's how I call him!!) Gong Yoo has a new movie entitled Finding Mr. Destiny that was released December 9 last year!! Now this I definitely want to see!! I wonder if some good-hearted soul uploaded this movie in the internet somewhere.... I sooo want to watch it... this is Gong Yoo's first project after being released from the army!! 

2 comments:

kalamay_addict said...

hello CT! don't worry, i have already asked my Mamang to ask her suking DVD! DVD! sellers for our husband's new movie! well, sana meron na! hehehehe... will keep you posted! :)

Curly Tops said...

ayos!! i hope she finds the DVD ;) I so want to see GY again :)

Post a Comment